I did another small round of porch shoots in Simi, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks and Calabasas. It was so much fun to see all the beautiful families! If you are interested in Porch shoots, please contact me through my website (contact us). Porch shoots are great markers for Graduation, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, and missed events like First Communion and Sports. Below is a little more information about Porch Shoots!
ABOUT PORCH SHOOTS
Porch Sessions have become a bit controversial during this Covid time in history, many are concerned about their safety. I would like to explain a little bit about them and help shed light on why and how they are done. These pretty awesome sessions began in the Midwest by a photographer wanting to capture families from a safe distance to document this time in history during the stay at home order due to Covid-19. She found that by doing these shoots, it raised morale, brought joy, laughter and moments for families to treasure. It gave people something fun to look forward to and participate in, while documenting history from a safe distance. I found this to be incredibly true for both families having their photos taken and for myself, being able to create and spread happiness. This photographer encouraged photographers around the world to participate in the porch photo movement to help spread love and positivity during such a difficult time. I am incredibly glad I did (I almost didn’t)It was a memorable experience for me.
FAQ ON PORCH SHOOTS:
- ARE THEY SAFE? They are completely safe. As the photographer, we are shooting with 70-200 lenses. I was always about 100-200 feet away from my clients, using my 70-200 zoom lens to capture them on their porches.
- DO YOU POSE FAMILIES? No, I never came into contact with families and families never came into contact with me. Posing is up to each family
- HOW MUCH DO THESE COST? I do not charge a fee for these Porch Sessions. I request clients make a donation or pay an act of kindness forward however they see fit.
- DO WE GET TO KEEP THE PHOTOS? Yes, I take 1-3 photos and they are yours to keep
- HOW DO WE KNOW TO BE READY? When I am on my way to you, I will send a text message. Clients wait on their porch. I drive up, pop out, take a photo, pop back in my car and move on.
- HOW LONG ARE SESSION? Sessions are no more then 5 minutes sometimes less.
- HOW SHOULD WE POSE? Themes and posing are completely up to you. You can be fun, silly, serious, however you want. Because I cannot get close, I do not provide props or posing at this time, but you can add props from your home. Be creative, have fun!